Friday, January 22, 2010

Everything, but the kitchen sink...

Last weekend, Camden and I took a road trip to visit my sis. While it was a long weekend for me (I had Martin Luther King off), the trip was rather short. We pulled out of my driveway at 4 p.m. on Friday afternoon and returned from the 4 hour trip to Missouri on Sunday at 5 p.m. Our plans for the trip were to do nothing.......except for relax and visit with Miles and Allison. So, why would I need to take everything on my kitchen table and then some?

With no plans, I had to take enough toys for Camden and enough scrapbooking supplies for myself - just to ensure no boredom (we don't sit still very long).
Our stay was less than 48 hours - why pack so much.......because I always do!

You'll notice Camden playing with his toys that I was trying to pack. You'll also notice his paci - this Friday morning (Jan. 18th) was the last time he used a paci. I dreaded the thought of him giving up his paci. In only 2 days time, he had chewed up 2 pacifiers. While we were at Allison's, he only asked twice for the paci - we ignored him as if we didn't know what he was talking about. And now, they are gone, gone, gone. All traces of having a baby in our home are gone (sniff, sniff). We are so proud of him for making this transition so easy!

No comments: