Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthday Idea

Hi Friends.

I know many of you appreciate a good deal. So, I will share.....

I bought this Wilton cupcake stand at a garage sale a few summers ago for maybe $2 to $3. It as been in the cabinet and hasn't been used.

At Wal-mart, I bought one box of Pillsbury white cake mix for $.88 and two containers of Pillsbury whipped frosting for $1.50 each (one container would have worked, but I preferred both vanilla and chocolate frosting for taste and looks). Also, one container of Great Value chocolate sprinkles for $.97.

I baked and iced these on my own and make small 1.5 inches circles with my favorite scrapbooking tool - the Cricut Expression. I have lots, lots, and lots of scrapbooking supplies so I had the brown cardstock on hand. I didn't have a #2 stamp, but I did have a small alphabet. So, with my white ink pad and my alpha stamps, glue dots, and toothpicks I created my own cupcake toppers.

Do you like it?

4 comments:

Brandi said...

you know this mamma likes a good deal!!! great job.... seriously though is camden really two??? it doesnt seem possible??

Brittany said...

I love them!! They look like you spent a ton having someone bake them. Yard sales are going to be starting up soon!!! yay! Tell Camden Happy Birthday :)

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

I noticed them on your last post. Very cute. I am working on little cake toppers too. A friend of mine has a cricut and is doing some of my dirty work :) they are super cute!

Unknown said...

sooo cute! do you give craft lessons?
happy b-day camden!
xoxo, beth yoder